Saturday, July 23, 2011

World Fashion | Citrus-C Facial Cleanser


I have to say I'm a very self-conscious person and always, always hard on myself. That's why in a sort of mean, selfish kind of way I'm happy that the days of really fabulous models -- models with personalities and distinctive characteristics -- like Linda, Christy, Claudia, and Cindy -- are gone. Instead today we are left with 14 year old stick figures who are practically indistinguishable from one another -- why is this good? I see them and marvel at the clothes and makeup and pay zero attention to the models themselves -- if I see Naomi walking down a runway or Christie Brinkley on the cover of New York Magazine that's when I get down on myself (funny how insecurities never go away...). One model though that I think takes the cake even more so than the original supermodels is Gisele -- the girl has got it going on..damn! And what I love most about her is that she has a toned and fit body, something my lazy, averse to working-out self admires and of course, she has fabulous golden brown skin -- which my white as paper self admires even more!!:) So of course I tried Lamas Beauty's Citrus-C Facial Cleanser ($19, but I've seen it cheaper, so you may be able to surf around and find it for less), when I heard that she's a fan (funny too that I jumped on it, because for the most part I'll try anything on my body, but am very picky when it comes to cleansers since my skin is super-sensitive..). I have to say that I love the smell of this cleanser -- you def have to love orange though -- it reminds me of those orange popsicles filled with vanilla ice-cream (anyone else eat those when they were younger!?). It's also organic, paraben-free, and works great as a makeup remover:) Also, its supposedly good for acne-prone skin. I haven't used it long enough to say for sure whether it can help your complexion beyond just removing impurities, but the soothing effect of the chamomile and the smell are enough to get my approval:)